Wednesday 4 April 2012

My Experience: A Trip to Petaling Jaya

The night before the trip, the members of the Drama Team gathered at the square for a briefing by Miss Rohaida and Miss Akmar. Miss Rohaida told us that we were all chosen to be on the team due to the fact that we are all crazy lunatics who couldn’t be quiet in class. Later on, she told us that we have to wake up as early as 3 am to get ready for the trip. I was like, what kind of sane human being would wake up at 3 in the morning?
                I did as I was told and went next door to wake up my other friends. We took a shower and I swear to God I would never ever take a bath at 3 am ever again. The water was icy cold that my blood froze. Okay, that’s me overreacting. On the bus, everyone was super excited. After a while it was all quiet and peaceful as all of us had fallen asleep even before we were out of Pekan.
                We arrived at the studio around 9 and the ushers were ready to guide us to our seats. The play that we were attending entitled “The Owl That Was Afraid of the Dark”. It was indeed a good play as the actors spoke in British accent, wore perky costume and has big grins on their faces. They greeted us like 6 year olds. We were exchanging looks among ourselves but when the curtain was raised, it was amazing. The flow of the show was seamless. We laughed our heads off at the funny parts, earning us looks from the rest of the audiences. We were even showered with water during a scene where rain poured. It was extremely fun!


                After the show, we went to the mall for lunch and did some shopping. I slept most of the time on our way back. We returned to a mountain of homework. Even though the entire team was dead tired, we were all so happy that we forgot about being tired. We hope that when we compete for the real thing, we will end up as champions.

Written by: Wan Hanees (2 University of Cambridge) 

No comments:

Post a Comment